Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thirsty ~ Drinking More Water

I've been on a healthier eating and living journey since my birthday this year.  It's really a challenge.  Seriously.  I have a friend who has lost 60 pounds in 5 months.  Well, I haven't.  I haven't gone as hard with this as she has.  While we were at the gym one day, she says that I should do some weights.  I told her I will when I feel like it.  She insists right then and that I wouldn't do it and come up with excuses.


Everyone is different. I'm doing the best I can, for me, right now.  I'm at the gym and  trying.    If we were the same, then everyone would be skinny or fat.  When I say I can't, dammit, I can't.  No, it's not because I do not want to do it.  It's because I cannot do it.  There may be a physical, emotional, or mental reason why, but when I can do it, I will.  Pressuring me makes me shut down. I'm a very strong willed person. I have my own goals, don't set them for me. 

Meanwhile, I've been drinking more water.  I'm up to 1.5 liters or roughly 50oz daily.  The of water one should drink is 64 oz a day.  The goal of drinking half ones weight in ounces has been suggested by experts for weight loss.  I'm not adding any flavoring to the water because the sugar substitutes in those is the worst tasting thing ever.  Once the water gets just the slightest bit warm, it tastes like poison.

If you are on pinterest.com then you've probably seen this picture.  I thought this was so cool.  The photo originated from this tumbler so I'm giving them credit.

Until next time drink more water!

1 comment:

KnottyAuthor said...

I like these cups!what a great idea!