Thursday, July 19, 2012

No More Sisterlocks

And then there were none!  Yes, I'm near bald again and I love it.  The TWA is so much better for my life.

For those of you who want to know why I cut my hair, I did it because I can.  Why not?  I've outgrown Sisterlocks and that explaination is some previous posts.  As I was cutting them, I felt like the sweat shop workers in The Wiz when the evil witch was flushed down the toilet and they peeled off their costumes.  This is not the clip, but it is A Brand New Day.



I doubt if I would even want my afro as long as Diana Ross' in this movie.  For now I'm going to follow my mom's lead and keep it short, simple, and sassy from here on out, unless I make a wig.  Here's Tarin making herself a big Diana Ross wig.  This much hair needs to be taken off at night. 


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, so cute! I'm thinking about cutting mine too...I've had my sisterlocks now almost 5 years. :)

Ms_kiki0520 said...

Love it.....not cutting mine again for5 more years lol

The Chick said...

Shocked! Do you! It says volumes about your strength. Be your own brand!

Love!

3girlsmomma said...

Alright, Carmen! ROCK your TWA... while I still have my Sisterlocks I'll be your TT model... :-)

Lookin' GREAT... do YOU!

Katrina said...

I love it! I have been thinking of doing the same thing. I cut it into a bob as a start. Miss ya! Always - your first client (Trina)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I had sisterlocks for 3.5 years and took them out. Took my two months and I would never recommend doing so. I eventually had to cut my hair to a low boy cut. My hair was so thin after that experience. It's been almost 2 years since the BIG CHOP but I'm thinking about taking the Sisterlock journey again. We'll see. Anyway, I like your hair. It looks great!

JUST Euphoria said...

I love the new look seems like people are getting tired of SL's, I know I am I decided to pick mines out, I am about half way through so far it has taken me a month to complete half of it! Which is cool I don't have nothing else to do, & the only reason I did not BC again is because I suffer from scarring alopecia & I need to keep as much length as possible to cover up. Congrats & you look fabulous

Fuesha said...

Yep! Cut mine in May and dont regret it for a second. Freeing. When I loc again it will be the traditional route.

Powell516173 said...

Cut my sisterlocks out in july after 7 years. Have twa now. sls caused major thinning to my hair in top and sides. Did not want any more damage to my hair, so I went to a barber and had him cut them out. Now waiting for it to grow out a little more and then I will go to Atlanta to have a marvelous Barber hook me up with a short short style.