Monday, June 4, 2007

Ben




Being a biology major, I hate killing things. Ben you came into our lives and now you are gone. Please see my blog Blah for more information on Ben. I really was glad to catch Ben and was hoping he would have just his paws stuck so maybe he could get free and run to the woods. He looked so sweet and innocent. Sorta like Squeak's stillborne children. Squeak's real name was Virginia Lynette and she was a guinea pig.
How to catch a mouse. Get these sonic waves and plug them into the wall. Find the hole and plug it with steel wool. Then put down glue traps near the hole and around the baseboards of the area of high activity.

Ciara alerted me to our finding with a new type barking that I have never heard before. Which could only mean. 'Get down here right now. We got Ben!' She was rewarded with a handsome piece of sesame chicken.



I will play Ben tomorrow on my way to work. And yes I am crying over little fellow.

Update: That Michael Jackson could so beautifully as a little boy. He had a very strong voice. Blackrussian77 commented on the 'morbid' pictures of dead Ben which sparked me to add a few more words to this blog.

Having something unknown living in your house is scarey. I don't know where he came from, when he's leaving, or if he is actually a bunch of them. I really didn't know how big Ben was going to be. If he had rabies and inch long teeth. Then I didn't know how he was going to look on the glue trap. I was expecting him to just have his feet stuck, squeaking curses, and spitting venom. Or he would jump off, attack me to the point that I wouldn't be able to move. I wanted everyone to see how a mouse on a glue trap looks so they won't be scared if they ever have a mouse in the house.

12 comments:

blackrussian said...

First let me say: Awww...It's kind of sad that Ben had to die. I love most of God's creatures, but there are many that I would prefer to love from afar and in their own natural habitat...

Second let me say: Eww! The dead mouse pictures are a little morbid! I guess being a biology major you get used to looking at dead things in a scientific way.

Dead things creep me out. It's not 'cause he's a rodent. I'll NEVER understand the appeal of taxidermy. And those people who stuff and preserve their pets? What is THAT about??? Hope this doesn't offend an SL wearer who is reading this and stroking 'Precious' her dear departed pick-a-poo...

I hate those boards where people collect butterflies and pin their bodies. I can never even see the beauty; I can only think: they're ALL dead! Ew! Gross!

I'll comment on your posts any day of the week, Carmen, but I can't guarantee that it won't be useless jibber... ;-)

Hey, I saw you added me to your links! Thanks! I think you're the first. Yay! Another milestone!

CardioBunny said...

Ummm... is Ben vacuum wrapped???

I'm with Carmen on this one, Ben would have either had to have found enough sense to get out of my house or he would have had to die. I sincerely hope Ben was single and that you don't have any more unauthorized inhabitants in your place.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Laaawd Carmen. Is a good t'ing mi neva eat anyt'in' before mi si dat deh rat. Yu 'tomach 'trang bwoy. Ah was wonderin' wat did 'appen to 'im. Anyways, a life...Mi terrible, doan? :-D

dreamangel75 said...

Yucky...yuck! I glad to hear your home is now mouse-free. Ben looks a bit slimy in those pictures. I need a disguisting looking smiley. :-)

blackrussian said...

Thanks for the update and explanation. He does look a little shrink-wrapped, vacuum-packed, and plasticized.

Let's hope he was a scout or a lone ranger.

And it's good to know that Ciara is on the lookout.

muslimahlocs said...

now i know you are crazy! good crazy, but crazy nonetheless.

TwoIslandsGirl said...

You are too funny! But I'm glad you can have peace of mind now. I'd be on edge with a Ben roaming around in my house!

CarmenNC said...

I still have glue traps out just in case Ben had a cousin with him. I'm not afraid to look at the traps now. I'm not sure if Ciara licked the mouse or he rolled himself in the glue or the glue spread itself over the mouse like that.

Mali said...

Tickled. OH MY GOD. Carmen, you are too funny!! If Hambone had been viewing this blog with me, she would have screamed to the top of her lungs!!!!! This post tickled me to death. Especially after I read you say "I don't know if Ciara licked the mouse..." LOL! Mmph, mmph, mmph!

CarmenNC said...

I can laugh at this now. But I was scared and depressed over this little itty bitty creature. Still, everything sounds like a mouse - and I've never really heard how a mouse in the house sounds. He never made any noise.

Creyole said...

Carmen, LOL....you are out of control funny! I've been laughing about this post since reading it and this is my second time.

Creyole

Lola Gets said...

Ok, um, that was really icky. Im so happy that my cats take care of any rodents I might get...and I hardly ever see any evidence!
L