Friday, March 16, 2007

What are THESE

I need to have general answers to the questions I get about my hair. I think I will stop telling people how long it took. They look at me like I've lost my mind. I think I'm going to come up with some elaborate way of telling them how it's done. I mean I don't know how it's done. I'll tell them it's an ancient African beauty secret that has been displayed in the oldest records of mankind. It was passed down from mother to daughter and ladies with them were worshipped and prized by men and children and all animals of the earth.

Then one day, a jealous queen waged war on a neighboring country to gain control over their natural resources, so she said. It was believed that she waged war on the neighboring country because their women would not tell the secrets of their locked hair. After the entire country was burned to the ground and hundreds of thousands of innocent people were murdered, there was one lady who was actually saved by the Jealous Queen's husband, who happened to secretly loved these locked. He faked his death and went to Jamaica with this lady. (Ok, I know, but who's telling the story?)

Here this Sister practiced her locs on only her daughters. As her daughters grew older they went off to far off lands and would only teach their daughters. And to keep this technique secret these ladies hide their hair under clothe and it was manditory as not to repeat the history.

It is only in the recent years that the daughters of this Sister have decided to share their secret with other sisters.

3 comments:

Niki000 said...

Yes, I'm going to stop telling people how long it took too. I love the idea of inventing a story around it. You should make a sisterlocks children book.

CarmenNC said...

Funny you should say make a book. I've been saying I'm going to publish my book Carmen... soon. A children's book. If I do it - your book is on the house.

Anonymous said...

LOL...very cute indeed!