A few times I've read blogs about people not getting comments and how they feel nobody supports them. Or that AfroMyNaturalHairIsHotFireAndI'veBeenBloggingForManyYears has a clique and they comment on everything she posts. When I first saw these 'comment on my blog posts' I felt pity for the blogger. Then it sort of looks desperate, demanding, and ungrateful. So, I offer a little advice on blogging.
1. Don't start the blog just to get comments, become popular, or make money. If your heart is not in it, you will be easily discouraged when things are moving slowly.
2. Give it time. It takes a while time to build a blog following.
3. Show yourself. If you have a make-up blog, don't just copy/paste the make-up all the time. Show yourself in it. Do a slideshow or video with you putting on the make-up. Sharing a recipe? Have somebody snap a photo of you or you take one of somebody eating it.
4. Ask questions or opinions! Folks love to talk, but sometimes need to be given the mic to speak up.
5. Bring people to your blog. If you have facebook & twitter and the rest of them, tell people that you have a new blog post.
6. Don't look pitiful, ungrateful, or desperate. Always, be welcoming, humble, and helpful.