Friday, April 13, 2007

Blood Pressure 100/50

That's what my sister's blood pressure was by the time she got to the hospital after her co-workers called the ambulance since she fainted out at a clinet's house. If you haven't read previous posts, my sister has Grave's Disease which is hyperthyroidism. They treat it with radioactive iodine and/or surgery to remove the thyroid. She has a goiter now. So we are now trying to figure out how to get more iodine - which she happens to be alergic to (Ma said she was when she was a kid) - without eating a container of Morton salt and/or killing herself. I wasn't going to say this but this whole Grave's Disease didn't occur until she stopped smoking the you know. She's doing fine now and back to having road rage and checking to see if anyone is looking while she litters. She said she's trying to stop littering. One day at a time....

5 comments:

Creyole said...

Oh my! Prayers are with you and your family. My sister has Lupus so I totally understand how thing like health affects the family.

CarmenNC said...

Thank you so much Creyole. It's been a learning experience and a scary one at that. Her doctor increased her medication and she wasn't ready. She's already weak and I gave her an iron pill with B-12 and it did make a difference so she's going to ask for a perscription. She's not eating as much either from medication so I told her to make every bite count and stop eating junk food.

dreamangel75 said...

Wow, your sister's blood pressure was low! I am glad she is feeling better.

CarmenNC said...

Thank you Dreamangel75.

Unknown said...

In one point in their life, 75% will deal with a form of Grave's Disease. It is imperative to spread the awareness and extend the medical research of this disease. As I read through your website, I noticed that your organization shares the same passion for awareness within Grave's Disease, that we do here, at Disease.com. Disease.com is a website which is dedicated to the preventions and treatments for all diseases. In order to spread the awareness of this disease, we ask if you could please list us as a resource or host our social book mark button; it would be much appreciated. We can not allow 3 out of 4 women to suffer, so lets spread the awareness. If you want more information on that please email me back with the subject line as your URL