Saturday, September 22, 2007

Meet Leilani, The Client of the Non-Paying Type



I don't have my first client, but I do have Leilani. I've started with the above the ear sections on each side. One side is done in a 3 pattern the other side with cornrows is in the 4 pattern. I was going to say note how one side goes down and the other side goes backwards - we learned that in class.
What I am showing here is how I am using the Sisterlock parting which I have to do in order to get certified, along with cornrow parting to create a well parted head of hair. I would like to thank Zaharah for sharing your pictures, I've been studying them. So far this SL/cornrow parting works in the front half. We'll see how the back goes.

6 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

nice work. if only your first client could be so compliant.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Impressive! You did good. Why does the model have hair that's not nappy? I know it isn't a big deal, but shouldn't you also work on kinky hair as well?

Mel said...

Wow Carmen, that's great! have you tried doing your own hair yet?

CarmenNC said...

Thank you ladies!!! I did re-install two locks and retightened a few that my consultant missed. And yes, my mannequin has straight hair, but it gets tangled like no tomorrow. I have to backcomb her hair with my fingers to get a starting point. I would love to work on some nappy hair, I'd probably move through that with no problem.

Anonymous said...

Great Job!!

I remember searching for a kinky haired mannequin head a couple years back and went on ebay and found so many options. I can't walk into a Sally's or Hair Store and find one in my area but their are plenty of online companies that carry them.

One good thing about learning on Leilani is if you can part and Sisterlock on straight hair the kinkier hair will be a breeze...

You Go Girl!!!!!

blackrussian said...

I read the top post first, and was like: Wow! Her first client already!!! Is she Hawaiian? (I have a friend named Leilani.) Too cute. Looking good. Awesome skills girl.

The twists are looking good as well! I like how you're expanding your collection.